Terms & Conditions
LiKe Bikes is operated by Recalibration Limited, an Irish registered company with a registered office at Listowel, Co. Kerry, V31 DK51, Ireland (“LiKe Bikes”).
- You undertake to use the rented bike as would any reasonably responsible and informed individual, and in accordance with these rental conditions. You are responsible for the bike hired and must make every effort not to damage or lose it or allow it to be stolen. You must not rent a bike if you have been advised against such physical activity by a medical professional.
- If you fail to abide by these rental conditions, the following penalties are payable on request by Like Bikes: late return of the bike €50; repair or damage to the bike attributable to user actions: penalty according to the degree of damage to a maximum of €500 (E-bike €3000); loss or disappearance of the bike €500 (E-bike €3000).
- You are fully and solely liable for any damage caused by the use made of the bike during the period of use, including any charge that may apply in the event of late return after the Final Return Time.
- The bike remains at all times the property of LiKe Bikes. You may not allow any third party (except where you have rented a bike in the capacity of legal guardian to a child) to use the bike.
- Prior to using the bike, you must carry out a basic check of the main visible working parts, in particular (but not limited to); that the saddle and pedals are properly fixed; that the bell and brakes function properly; that the frame and the tyres are in good condition and the tyres are adequately inflated. In the event that any of the above criteria are not met, you must make the person providing the bikes aware of any issues.
- You are renting the bike without a guide and will be responsible for your own safety and will be subject to the rules of the road. You acknowledge that you are not insured by LiKe Bikes to use the bikes and that you do so entirely at your own risk. You are responsible for injuries to yourself and others while using the bike. You are advised to take out your own public liability insurance if you do not have such a policy already in place.
If you have booked a bike in advance and paid a booking deposit, in the event of cancellations or no shows such booking deposit is not refundable in the 48 hours before the bike pick up date.
Acceptance of Booking Terms
These terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation are governed by and construed in accordance with Irish law. You and we agree that the Irish courts will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes or proceedings arising out of or in connection with these terms.
Every bicycle hired at LiKe Bikes undergoes a 6-point safety check before going out for hire. I agree that the bike and accessories I am hiring are of a safe standard for daily hire.
I agree to the above conditions and declare that I am capable of using a bike and physically fit to do so and have been offered a cycling helmet and high visibility garment when renting this bike.